Procedure for Updating address on Aadhaar Card Online and Offline
Aadhaar card although not mandatory is still an important identity document for all Indians. It may so happen one may need to change certain information such as change in name, address, registered mobile number, date of birth (DOB), marital status, etc. on Aadhaar card.
If you check the UIDAI helpline or ask any official at an Aadhaar enrolment center, it says that Aadhaar that is not any transaction, or lined with any bank account or PAN for continuous 3 years, it becomes inactive. Thus, every 3 years you need to update your Aadhaar.
In such a situation, you need to know the procedure for updating Aadhaar card online and offline. The following guide will help you understand how to update Aadhaar card online and offline.
How to Update Address on Aadhaar Card Online?
Aadhaar card users who have their mobile numbers and/or email address registered with Aadhaar.
- Visit uidai.gov.in
- Click on the link https://uidai.gov.in/
- Here, under Aadhaar Update click on Address Update Request (Online)
- Once you click the link a new window will open with all the instructions related to self-service update portal. In the end, you will have a link that says To submit your address update/ correction request please Proceed. Click on Proceed.
- In the next page, you will need to enter your Aadhaar number/VID and enter the Text Verification code. Click on Send OTP or Enter TOTP.
- You will be lead to Data Update Request where you need to select Address and click on Submit.
- In Enter data for update and enter all your contact details carefully. And click on Submit Update Request.
- Upload all the supporting document copies and on successful completion of the procedure, a URN or Update Request Number will be generated.
- Use the URN number to check the status of update in Aadhaar card online.
How to Update address on Aadhaar Card Offline?
When you check the Aadhaar website, the link for updating on data offline via post has been removed. Now, you can do it only by visiting a nearby enrolment center. These enrolment centers are found in various national banks as well as post offices. One can just visit these centers and get their information updated
Just visit a center closest to you with all the required original documents and their self-attested copies. You will be asked to fill a form to enter the details that need to be updated. The official will check your documents and enter the details online. They will even ask you to provide your biometric information for verification such as your fingerprints and eye scan. Once it is done, you will be given an Acknowledgement slip that will contain all the corrected/updated details.
The fee to update your Aadhaar details is just Rs.30. You can locate the nearest Aadhaar Kendra by checking on uidai/gov.in, or call on 1947 for more details. You will be able to download your new updated Aadhaar card online after 7 to 10 days. You can even get your updated Aadhaar card after 30 to 35 days by post.
As you can see it is a very easy and simple procedure for updating Aadhaar card online and offline. Make sure you have all the supporting documents ready to update your Aadhaar.